Advice from the Market Stall - Part Two“Now be polite, helpful and offer to pack their bags for them if you think they need you to. Don't be afraid to point out all the bargains if they look like they might buy more, because there are some good bargains today. During the quiet spells you can memorise them all and practise your sales pitch. Oh, and don't forget that the most important part is to give them a biiiig smile!”Advice from the Market Stall - Part Two by SamCyberCat
Marilyn grinned widely, showing off her own pearly whites to demonstrate. The response she got from Roddy was a quick turn of his lips that looked more like a gurn than a smile. It lasted all of a few seconds before his usual frown was set back into place.
“This is such a pain...” he mumbled.
“I appreciate you doing it though,” Marilyn assured him, “The stall would have to close without someone to watch it, but if I don't go now then I doubt I'll have too much time left to talk to Arianna and Tony.”
“It's no big deal. I wasn't doing much else today and t
27th July 2015: Tagged by
This is one of those "answer the questions then type out 13 new questions for 13 new people" deals. So here are the questions I'm answering:
1. Do you cosplay? If so what was your favorite cosplay? Bonus points for pics. Going all out for Halloween counts.
Sadly no, I don't do any cosplay at all, even at Halloween. D: I'd like to, but I'm not good enough with a sewing machine to make my own or rich enough to buy finished costumes. And I also don't have a lot of confidence in my body, so I don't think I could portray the characters as well as I'd like. Part of me would like to cosplay Crow from Professor Layton one day though.
2. What fictional character(s) do you identify most with? Bonus points for why
King Haggard from The Last Unicorn, either the movie or book version. Someone who couldn't maintain happiness in their life, so relentlessly collected what they felt made them happy, only to still not find happiness in doing that. Maybe a bit of a miserable one to go for, but that's totally me. I'm always collecting, even if I know it doesn't really make a difference in the longrun.
3. How nerdy are your walls/shelves in your room? Bonus points if your whole house is a shrine to your terrific nerdiness.
OH MY GOSH MY ROOM IS SO NERDY. Also I share a room with my equally nerdy sister, so there's so much junk everywhere. It's like a dumping ground for old Pokemon and My Littly Pony merch up there and my wall-space is starting to get covered with prints for various Level-5 games and Steven Universe.
4. WHAT IS YOUR AESTHETIC?
I know this is eye-rollingly predictable, but rural English countrysides are my go-to aesthetic for calming down.
5. WHAT IS YOUR BEVERAGE OF CHoice why am i typing in caps still
Idk flavoured-water maybe?
6. Do you want to share something you struggled with and overcame/are working to overcome (UR GONNA KICK ITS ASS BABY I BELIEVE IN YOU)? if not it's fine
I've always had pretty low self-esteem and tend to be co-dependent a lot of the time. Of course I'm trying to overcome both of these things, but I can't say that I'm making great strides in either regard.
7. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE? BONUS POINTS if you like coffee more than tea *brick'd*
Nah, I don't really care for any hot drinks I'm afraid. I'll take hot chocolate if I have to have something, but even that I can take or leave. Does soup count? Because I love soup.
8. CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE?
I DO. AND IT BRIGHTENS UP MY DAY. AND DON'T I FEEL LIKE SOMETIMES, I JUST NEED TO RUN AWAY.
9. Cats are pretty rad, m i rite?
They are the best! I don't know where I'd be without my beloved cats Maisy and Kizzy. <3
10. Isn't thinking of questions a drag? Man . I'm tired.
Yeah, I always struggle to think up questions whenever I do these. D:
11.. I GOTTA WRITE THREE MORE OF THESE BEFORE I CAN GO TO SLEEP hey have you ever listened to Samuel L. Jackson's reading of Go The F*K to sleep??
Sadly no, I am uncultured.
12. Have you ever played Grandia II? If not you should. It has, among other things, an android and a lion man who become bffs and I occasionally think about and cry over them. Good luck finding the game though.
Yes, I have actually played it! I had it for the Dreamcast when I was a kid and actually completed it. But it's been so many years that I don't remember it in any great detail now. D:
Robots are awesome. <3
Okay here's my tag list and questions. If you don't feel like doing these then don't worry, there's no pressure. And at the other end, if you do want to do these and I haven't tagged then do 'em anyway (also let me know, because I never know who likes being tagged).
1. What time of day is it where you are?
2. Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they? If no, then would you like any?
3. Dream holiday destination(s)?
4. Do you go to cons? If yes, as a con-goer or a vendor? If no, would you like to?
5. What's your favourite piece of media that you're following right now?
6. Fave character from that series?
7. Least fave character from that series?
8. If you were on the writing staff for that series then what would happen in the next season or sequel?
9. If you could have any meal right now what would it be?
10. Is there any series that you can't seem to get into no matter how hard you try?
11. If you were in a magical girl anime then what would you ideal animal sidekick be? 8D
12. You have the power to make one ship from one series canon (um, who aren't already canon) - who would it be and why?
13. Um... collect anything interesting?
Katia & Sophia
Cogg & Spring
Crow & Black Ravens
Lucille & Roland
Note: These shipping lists are no longer being updated. For a more accurate list of my current ships please check my tumblr.
Various Series Shipping | Sonic Shipping | Yu-Gi-Oh Shipping | Polyshipping | Crossover Shipping | OC Ships | Not Shipping
I am happy for my work to be featured in most groups that ask. However I do NOT want my work to be featured in anti groups (i.e. groups against a certain character, series or pairing) or groups that have anti-homosexuality rules (or other rules in favour of prejudice). Thank you for understanding.
Please ask before taking any of my work to post on other websites. This includes for use on Tumblr. I have my own account there and would prefer to post my work myself. If there's anything here that you particularly want me to post on Tumblr then let me know and I will, since most of my older stuff isn't posted there.
Also, I work away from home without Internet access from Friday-Monday almost every week. So I probably won't be around to answer messages during that time.
Professor Layton Spoilers: My dA account will contain spoilers for all of the Professor Layton games. These may be posted openly anywhere on my submissions, journals or in conversations in the comments section. So please tread with caution if you're avoiding spoilers for any of the games.
Lastly, I hate to have to say this, but please don't message me asking me to contact other people on your behalf (e.g. "This person hasn't been replying to my notes, can you ask them why?"). It's uncomfortable for me to deal with messages like this and most of the time I get sent these messages it's about something that isn't anything to do with me. Please respect that my time online is limited and I'm not your messenger-pigeon.