7th September 2016: Been a while since I've seen one of these going around. Tagged by
1. - You must posts these rules.
2. - Each person has to share 10 things about them.
3. - Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the people you tag will have to answer.
4. - Choose 10 people and put their icons on your journal.
5. - Go to their page to inform them they are tagged.
6. - Not something like " you are tagged if you read that".
7. - You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
8. - No tag-backs.
9. - You can’t say that you don't do tags.
10. - YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY. NO COMMENTS. Unless you're commenting about the actual entry.
(Sorry, but I don't like bugging people with tags if they're not interested. I'll leave a few no-pressure tags at the end and everyone's free to do it or not, depending on how they feel.)
Ten Things About Me:
1. I was born on a Leap Year Day, 29th February. And honestly, some day that I just happened to pop out by chance is probably the most interesting thing about me, haha.
2. This year I've been trying hard to get over a hoarding habit I've had for as long as I can remember. It's slow going, but progress has been made and I already feel better for having more space.
3. Currently I have two pet cats, Kizzy and Maisy. Kizzy is the first cat my family has ever actually bought, since we always otherwise take in strays and rescue cats. She's a unique and interesting kitty. Whereas Maisy is a stray we took in, but not like any cat I'd ever met before. After a lot of research we were able to learn that she's at least part Maine Coon.
4. Last year I reached an ultimate low in my life, which I don't want to get too much into detail about. But this year I've been pushing hard to make things better for myself and I think that as best I can manage it's going well.
5. I graduated university with a graphic design degree, but ended up doing more work in a post office than in art. Guess that's just life for you, huh?
6. I've been a pescetarian for three-four years now. I don't really miss meat, except sometimes bacon. So I guess I'm part of that stereotype, haha.
7. My first online fandom was Sonic the Hedgehog. Since then other main fandoms I've been involved in are Yu-Gi-Oh DM & GX, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton and Free!. I do try to do a few fanworks for as many of my interests as I can whenever I can, because they mean a lot to me.
8. Unusually for me, I don't have any strong feelings on the upcoming Lady Layton. I will buy the game, because I've enjoyed every Level-5 game I've played so far, but I'm trying to keep a blank slate in my mind, since I think my getting worked up about the Layton games one way or the other in the past affected my enjoyment of them. Of course I do hope that I'll enjoy the game when it comes out all the same.
9. My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Red and my first Digimon game was Digimon World for the Playstation.
10. I still play Neko Atsume. Just need to get Frosty and Peaches' mementos to have all the current ones, but those two think they're too good for my garden.
1. How long have you been into anime/manga?
I guess since Pokemon first aired in the UK. If I remember rightly, at first it came out on Sky TV, but I didn't have that as a kid, so I only saw a couple of episodes at a friend's house to start with. But then they started airing it on a non-subscription channel, as part of a programme called SMTV Live, and I watched it as often as I could after that. Around that time I just consumed any anime I could get my hands on. It just seemed so different and much more interesting than the usual kids' show offerings from channels like CBBC and CITV. So for a while I just ate that shit up. Any anime was good with me. Of course these days I now know the dangers of wandering naively into the world of anime and have a much stricter filter system.
2. What are your most favourite hobbies?
Writing is my absolute favourite hobby. But I also enjoy reading, drawing, going for walks and playing video games.
3. Which was the first video game you have played/remember playing?
The first video game I remember playing for myself was either Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 or Ecco 2: The Tides of Time. I had all those games around the same time, so it's hard to remember exactly which one I played first.
4. What are your opinions on OC Fighting Tournaments?
I'm not sure I know what that is. If you mean like the kind Toni-the-Mink held recently that I made Hex the Owl for, then those are a lot of fun. But if you mean any other kind then I'm not familiar with them. As long as everyone's having fun it's all good though.
5. Do you write fancomics/original comics?
Nah. Comics are too much hard work for me personally. Everyone who does them has my full respect!
6. Is anime/manga popular in your hometown?
My hometown is a tiny village consisting of probably less than fifty houses. But there are a lot of kids around here, so I suppose maybe some of them are into anime. And I think most of the adults have heard of Pokemon at least, especially since Pokemon Go came out.
7. If you play Pokemon, which is your favorite Gen?
I can't pick! Each of the gens had something I liked about it.
8. If you're a Dragonball fan, which is your favorite out of the four anime? DB, Z, Super or GT?
Not into Dragonball, I'm afraid. I've got no disrespect for it either, it's just not my thing.
9. What are your opinions on character bashing?
I've always thought it was kind of pointless, I guess. Wouldn't you rather devote that time instead to making fanwork of characters you like? All character bashing does is make you look like a jerk and potentially stop people who like those characters from wanting to be friends with you. Having said that, sometimes I think people can fail to see the difference between character bashing and genuine criticism. To me, someone saying "UGH I HATE THIS CHARACTER AND THEY SHOULD DIE!" is character bashing. But if someone says something like, "I don't like this character because the writing behind them had these problems and I would have liked them better if they'd been written this way instead", then that's completely fine. Sometimes I feel that people are too eager to jump on people for character bashing when that's not actually what's happening. Criticism has it's place in fandom as well. You don't have to like it, but as always, just steer clear of what you don't like reading and stick to what you do like if you want to avoid drama.
10. Which video game console was your first?
The SEGA Megadrive! Or the Genesis, to my American followers.
Okay, here's my ten questions:
1. What's your favourite food?
2. Do you have any pets right now?
3. What's your current main interest?
4. If you take part in fandom, do you have any OCs?
5. What fanwork have you made are you the most proud of?
6. Where have you travelled to before? Or if you've never travelled, is there anywhere you'd like to go?
7. What kind of weather do you prefer?
8. Do you have a particular type of character that's usually your favourite?
9. Is there any series that's finished that you'd like to see carried on or a sequel made to it?
10. Would you rather read the book, watch the movie, both or neither?
And I tag: and anyone else who wants to do this thing. And again, no pressure if I've tagged you and you'd rather not do it.